Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Still Enjoying Texas

JT's Drive In, Childress, TX
The train is used as a smoker for their barbecue. The goat on top, I have no idea!

Day 7 was a quiet day. I saw Greg for a short while in the morning and then I went swimming over at the park in the afternoon. In the evening Greg, Amy, Bryce and I all went out to dinner.




The restaurant was Mexican and the food was delicious. I can't tell you what I ate because I don't know what it was, but it was good!


Day 8, Greg and I rode our bikes over to Altus, Oklahoma to the Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki dealer. Yep, the one that is 70 miles away. Greg needed to pick up an oil and air filter which was more than enough reason for us to take a ride. We passed over the Red River; however there was little to no water in the river, just red clay. We also went to the Quartz Mountain State Park in Oklahoma which had some very nice camping facilities and a beautiful lake.


Lake Altus