Saturday, July 30, 2016

I may have lost a day somewhere???


Okay, the days are starting to meld together now. My last post indicated that I had just crossed the Golden Gate Bridge  and camped in Napa, California so that would make today Thursday. After heading inland I found the temperature to be far more stable and comfortable. My goal for today was to reach Oregon, which I did. I camped at the Valley of the Rogue State
Campground.  There, I met a couple from Switzerland that had recently married and decided they would like to tour the world instead of having kids right away or buying a house. They had purchased an old VW bus, converted it into and Vanagon, similar to the Westfalia Van, and had it shipped to Canada. After touring Canada they entered the US and have traveled here for nearly six months. Their next destination is South America. What a daring couple. They were delightful!
Today I headed north on I5 until I reached Toutle River RV Resort  just north of Castle Rock, Washington. It is very nice with laundry facilities, swimming pool, hot tub, etc. etc I have to say however, driving through Portland, Oregon on a Friday afternoon was quite the challenge. It actually made driving thru San Francisco seem like a piece of cake. Bumper to bumper for miles. Lucky I am on a motorcycle, I can maneuver my way through.
Klamath Mountain Range, Oregon (Yes that is snow!)