Friday, July 8, 2016

Childress, Texas - Day 3

Just sitting on the corner


Today was another hot day in Texas. Thankfully even though the pool was closed, due to a pump failure, I was allowed to use the pool shower. It was one of the most refreshing showers I have ever had, even if it was cold water. Now you may think that cold water would be your preference in hot weather; however, going from 103 degree air temperature to 65 degree water temperature is a bit shocking. That being said, once your body adjust it is indeed refreshing. I certainly feel better.
I met a very nice Russian family this afternoon. I was just about to go over to see another softball game when the family invited me to their campsite for tea. They were from Houston, TX and heading to Denver for an outing with their two young daughters. People from Texas really are friendly! 
Tonight is my third night in the campground. Under normal circumstances, one is only allowed three nights per visit to the campground. This was really a concern of mine until today when I was told that I could stay longer since my bike was damaged in the storm. That was a relief since I had no where to go and no way to get there. Now I can get a good nights sleep.