Saturday, July 16, 2016

On The Road Again!


Thursday was a quiet day. Greg and I washed our bikes again and I changed my oil. Anticipating that the replacement mirror assembly would be in on Friday I also spent a good deal of time washing clothes and packing up.
Home away from home


While waiting for the mirror assembly to arrive on Friday, Greg and I went out for coffee and donuts. It was not my first time at the donut shop. I've actually had coffee and donuts there every day this week. They make the donuts right there in the shop. Not only are they fresh, they are delicious! Soon after leaving the donut shop the mirror assembly arrived. And then off I went, out into the wild blue yonder of Texas.

Heading out with the wind at my back

 I over nighted in Maverick Campgrounds in Cimarron Canyon Park located outside of Cimarron, New Mexico.
I should have brought my fishing pole to  the campground
Saturday morning - It was a bit chilly last night so I purchased a new sleeping bag today as I passed through Taos, New Mexico.

The Plains meeting the Rockies
The ride today was great! I purposely back tracked to the point of the Plains meeting the Rockies. I had to see that one more time. 



Rio Grande Gorge,Taos, NM

Along the way I realized I was crossing the Rio Grande Gorge and of course had to stop for photos of that.     Awesome!


The route I am currently on was suggested to me by my Texas friend, Greg. For the next few days I will be following routes that he suggested. Some he has been on, some I'm traveling for him. It's been a great trip so far and though I hated that my bike got busted up in the storm, it was worth it just to meet such fine people as Greg and his family. The week really turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip. Thanks to everyone that contributed to making my stay so pleasant and enjoyable!

Colorado at last!
Tonight I am camping just outside of Pagosa Springs, Colorado at a very nice campground, "The Last Resort". There is a small river approximately thirty feet from my tent which I am sure will put me to sleep pretty quickly once I crawl into the tent. 
River is directly behind tent





Wolf dog. Mostly wolf I would say.
A frequent visitor to the campgrounds.