Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hapgood Pond Campsite

Today I set out from Hampden, ME and headed southwest to Peru, VT. I set up camp in the Green Mountain National Forest at a delightful place called Hapgood Pond Campsites. The campsite was very nice with a picnic table and fire ring in place. The campground has a beautiful pond for swimming, very clean toilets and showers. Quite nice! After setting up camp, I had a cup of tea while I was cooking my freeze dried pepper steak and rice. It was quite tasty after a long days ride. I am now looking forward to a good nights rest. I will post pictures in the morning and attempt to get all of this loaded onto the blog tomorrow.
Tomorrow is here and I have stopped at a McDonald's for a quick cup of coffee so that I can upload this post along with pictures. Well, pictures will have to wait as the wifi is far too slow and would be here all day waiting for the transfer. Enjoy the post and I promise to add pictures asap. 
What a nice campsite!


Swimming area with sandy beach

This chipmunk hung out with me all morning.

Packed and ready to go.