Saturday, May 28, 2016

Bike Prep / Complete

Along with the deer whistle, I now have the new Michelin Commander II Series tires installed and balanced. To balance the tires I used Ride On Motorcycle Tire Balance and Sealer. I did quite a bit of research on this product as I have never been a real fan of tire sealants. Considering the possibility of a flat in the miles ahead and the impressive reviews regarding the tire balancing qualities and superior sealing properties of punctures, up to one quarter inch, I decided to give it a try. Reviews also indicated that this product was easy cleanup and remained in the road section of the tire. So far after approximately 500 miles I am happy with the decision. I have also installed a throttle lock, the mmoto rack and trunk. The trunk is equipped with brake lights and turn signals for extra visibility. I also installed a two port USB charger and voltmeter which I mounted over the brake fluid reservoir. I changed brake fluid, clutch fluid, air filter, oil, oil filter, antifreeze and rear gear oil. Lastly, I added an adjustable windscreen extension to reduce wind noise. It is now time to start the journey.