Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bike Prep / Take One

I actually began preparing the bike months ago. I decided that even though the stock foot rest were very comfortable, it would be nice to have an alternative position for the "old knees", thus came about the installation of highway pegs. Replacing the stock halogen headlight was next. I replaced the halogen bulb with a HID Bi-Xenon bulb. The Bi-Xenon lights up the road much better than the halogen bulb and draws much less power from the battery. Of course a LED headlight would probably have been an even better choice but at a much higher cost. I replaced the brake lights, running lights, signal lights and dash lights with LED bulbs and installed LED driving lights. I now have a battery reading of 13.8 volts at a 1000 rpm idle speed with all lights operating. That is a 2.3 volt gain just from the light conversion. Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for.

Pictures will be added to this post after May 4 as I am currently bonding with my grandson, Ezra, in Tallahassee, Fl.